Start filling the cookie jar with spare change cause July is going to be a BIG month for new Great Eastern releases.
Okay, with the understanding #1) I take lousy notes, #2) Absolutely nothing but death & taxes are chiseled in stone. This is the ‘tentative‘ production schedule for the month of July and could change, but it’s something for us to look forward to.
Beyond the 25 Barlow’s there’ll be a couple new handle materials we’ve not seen yet. In fact, one hasn’t been formally named yet. So when you come across “Inferno” or “New Jig“, the Inferno name could/will/might change, but it’s basically going to be a stag bone with a new ‘jig’ pattern. At this point, I don’t have a clue what it’ll look like. There’s also going to be a “Burnt Ramrod” which will be a ‘scraped stag bone’. Understand, these could change.
And the latest news on the #25 Barlow. Production slid back a few days and they’ll probably start to ship the second week in July. The initial production will be around just 30 pieces (Tidioute TM) with blades etched “Factory Test Run” finished with various colored acrylic handles. Soon thereafter, the ‘normal’ production run of 25’s will begin.
So here’s the projected July schedule:
- 54 Northfields Clip/Punch
Red BarnboardRed Hangman’s Bone New Jigging Pattern!
- 54 Northfields with Spear / Punch
Red BarnboardRed Hangman’s Bone
- Moose Northfields in Genuine Stag ( only 19)
- 54 Northfield Genuine Stag ‘Big Jack’ (about 8)
- 735208 Long Pull Burnt Stag (about 8)
- 73 Northfield Single Blade Burnt Stag (33)
- 73 & 23 Northfield Single Blade Inferno / New Jig
- 25 Tidioute Barlow’s Various Acrylic “Factory Test Run” (about 30)
- 25 Tidoute Frontier Bone
- 25 Tidoute Jigged River Blue
- 25 Tidoute Diamondback Chocolate
- 25 Tidioute Inferno / New Jig
- 53M Muskrat Northfield Amber Jigged Bone
- 23 Tidoute 2 Blade Trapper Frontier Bone
- 23 Tidoute Linerlock “Burnt Ramrod”
- 23 & 73 Northfield Single Blade Inferno / New Jig
- 54 Northfield Clip / Punch Burnt Stag
- 54 Northfield Spear / Punch Burnt Stag
- 54 Moose Northfield Burnt Stag (blades at opposite ends)
- 54 Moose Northfield
Red BarnboardRed Hangman’s Bone (finishing the run)
- 25 Northfield Amber Jigged Bone
- 25 Northfield Sawcut Almond
- 25 Northfield Horsecut Antique
- 25 Northfield Genuine Stag
- 25 Northfield Sawcut Green
- 25 Northfield Jigged Red Wine
By my count, that’s pretty close to 28 knives which is almost 1 new knife a day for the month of July. If you can’t find something you need or at the very least something interesting in this lot have someone check your pulse….