I have an Early Reserve form at the bottom of this post if your interested in the new pattern #977. I just received an email this morning that GEC announced a new knife will be released March of 2019. The knife will be a pattern #97 Large Coke Bottle.
At 4.75″ OAL Closed, this will be one of the biggest offerings (0ther then the Whaler/Sunfish Series) we’ve seen from GEC. The #65 Ben Hogan came in at 4.5″ and I believe that’s the closest contender. It’s been a long time since we’ve seen GEC come out with a knife anywhere near this size and it’s going to be interesting what the reaction will be.
Here are the specs as of this moment. As in the past, it’s early enough in the process to anticipate there could be changes as we get closer to the March release date:
- Jigged Bone – color to be determined
- Jigged Brazilian Cherry Wood (Beaver Tail)
- Maroon Linen Micarta
- Smooth Yellow Rose
- Gabon Ebony Wood
- Possible Stag
I’m going to open the pattern #97 to early orders with a couple of changes.
- No deposit required
- PLEASE register in the store to expedite the order process
- If you have cancelled out of reserved products in the past, you fall to the bottom of the list. In other words, if I end up getting shipped ‘short’, you may fall off the list.
- I will NOT be taking early orders for the stag. This knife will require a big chunk of stag and GEC is already offering up a caveat that they will be allocated. The number of names drawn with the option to purchase a Stag #97 will be determined by the number of Stag #97’s available.
Be sure that to establish an account in the storefront if you don’t already have one. Also be sure your shipping and billing addresses are up to date. That speeds up the process and eliminates the need for me to manually enter your order info when the knives become available.