Oh what a difference 24 hours will make on the ice condition this time of the year. Yesterday was mild, in the low 60’s with a light breeze. The combination really deteriorated the ice quickly. Things got slushy really fast and the light breeze got things moving.
The ice condition is at the point the lake looks like a huge margarita. Or Slushy, whatever your preference.
Add in some wind and things start moving. Interestingly enough, the ice deteriorated quick enough that we didn’t see any large slabs move into shore, big ice cubes.
This is happening faster then I had guessed it would. My best guess would say that in the next 24-36 hours we could see open water ready for navigation!!!
Here are the entry standings. It looks like it’s gonna come down to a shootout between John H and Mark S. Good luck guys!!!
- April 23, 4:30PM John H
- April 26th, 1:00 PM, Mark S
- Sat. April 27, 6:00 PM Dave O.
- April 28 1:14pm, Syd C
- April 29th at 3:28 & 32 seconds p.m. – Jeff C.
- April 30, 2019 @ 1:23 PM Steve C.
- April 30 at 2pm. Walter T.
- April 30, 6 PM, Jerry G
- May 1, 2019 12:00 Noon. Randy B
- May 3, 2019 4:00 PM John S
- May 13th at 2:00 pm Geoff Watkins
- June 12 at 3:35 PM Bill (Cruel…but possible)
- July 7th at 12:07 PM Jan (NOoooooo!!!!!!)