It is official, the ice is out! There’s little strip of slush about 150 yards long that you can literally watch disappear. So, I’m declaring the lake ice free as of 2:00PM 3/29/16.
And the winner of the $100 gift certificate is Randy. Congrats. For the record, last year we weren’t ice free until 4/12/15. We beat that by 2 weeks this year.
Here are the entries with their best guestimates.
- April 16 at 3 pm ~ tonystl
- April 13 at noon ~ Paul Slusser
- April 12, 2016, 3:01 pm ~ asconte
- April 12th, 7:30 PM ~ John
- April 12th 2:00pm ~ johnb
- April 11, 2016 at 2:00pm ~ tomfoolery33
- April 11, 2016 6:22 AM ~ syd
- April 10, 2016 @3:30pm ~ Dave
- April 10, 3:23 PM ~ Phil
- April 9th at 1:43 pm ~ cutlerhudson
- April 8th, 2:57pm ~ draggat
- April 7th at 4pm ~ rmc11142
- April 5th, 10 pm ~ Padua
- April 2nd 10 pm ~ BA
- April 1, 2016 at 5:00 AM ~ Randy